English, Social Studies, Creative Writing
To learn how music can reflect and reshape our understanding of our personal histories, and how history has reflected and shaped the music that we listen to. To discover our own personal, familial, community, and regional roots through storytelling, music and sound.
- How does music shape my identity?
- What is the role of the migration and movement of people in the music that I hear?
- What can we learn about our history through examining our music?
- What is the music or the soundtrack of my personal history, or of my family’s history?
- What can we learn about our personal family or community history through storytelling and interviewing?
Record an audio interview with a family member or friend. Create a piece about your personal (or familial, regional) history using music and sound;
See the full course here